Here is the activity from my first artifact proposal: Teach 3-year-olds how to identify objects by shapes and colors.
If this child were in my classroom, I would first off make sure that they had a computer readily available to them. Second, I would use the Large Print Service that is available to use on computers such as the ones in our W200 lab room. But it seems that any computer with the updated version of Windows Vista should have the Large Print Service on their computer. I would use the service to magnify any reading or activities that were being done in class so that the disabled student can do the same activities as the other students. When it comes to the specific activity listed above, I would still use the service to write out the names of the shpaes and colors. Then I would magnify the pictures of the objects that they are supposed to be able to identify using these shapes and colors. Another thing I could do is to bring in the objects and let the disabled child feel and touch them so they know exactly what it is that they are supposed to identify using only colors and shapes.

No comments:
Post a Comment